Director of Customer Success – Full-Time Position - 3+ Years Experience in Customer Success & 1+ Years Supervising Others Required - Teaching / School District or Education Technology Experience A Plus. Less experience? Consider applying for our Customer Success Manager role.
Are you looking to be a key leader on a start-up-mode, high-energy team? Do you want to work with dynamic clients and transform education? Do you want to help build and implement the next generation of best-in-class education software products? Are you a natural problem solver with a let’s get it done attitude? If so, Transeo wants to hear from you.
Transeo needs a fun, brilliant and motivated Director of Customer Success. Being a fast growing startup, we first need a "doer" who will begin by actually running implementations, troubleshooting accounts with issues, and tenaciously tracking data to figure out which accounts may be struggling in order to reach out proactively. Over time, this team will grow and we will need a leader who can build and supervise a dynamic team of account managers to support, delight, and retain our partner school districts and schools.
Transeo is a different kind of company. We place a premium on having fun, working hard, and thinking deeply but practically. Transeo was created for educators by educators. We have forged both a corporate team and collaborative partnerships that represent some of the highest caliber talent and thinking in the field of K-12 education. In addition to diverse, high-energy, and smart professionals, we have a strong national network of leading educational organizations.
The Director of Customer Success in Education Technology is ultimately accountable for achieving extremely high customer retention and reference-ability by ensuring that customers experience success and delight throughout their entire lifecycle. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Product & Customer Success, the Director of Customer Success first does the work (see above) then leads a team of Customer Success Managers and collaborates very closely with the company’s product development and technology teams.
- Creates a structured and replicable implementation process for each of our products
- Ensures a 95+% customer retention rate by proactively leading a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones
- Manages the implementation and support of our ever growing numbers of new school district customers. Skills required include project management, effective meeting facilitation and the ability to understand customer needs deeply and then create a plan, and implement through a highly structured process
- Builds a culture of fanatical support for customers within the customer success manager team that is focused on delighting and retaining accounts
- Owns the product implementation and account management processes
- Creates scalable and sustainable solutions for account management
- Provides leadership during highly impactful incidents to both customer and internal Transeo teams
- Manages the contract renewal process for his/her own caseload and then in consultation with future customer success managers
- Collaborates with multiple subject matter experts, sales members, sales engineers, and partners
- Gains customer acceptance by understanding and explaining product value propositions and leverages knowledge of education
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Leads solution development efforts that best address new customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary team members
- Establishes and maintains productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Achieves strategic account objectives as defined with senior leadership
- 95+% Customer Retention: Strong evidence of experiences showing ability to lead a team to achieve extremely high customer retention and reference-ability
- Education: Bachelor’s degree of any kind required, majors in education, business, or technology related fields are a plus
- Work Experience: A required minimum of 3 years experience successfully supporting, delighting, and retaining customers and managing internal / external resources with history of proven success
- Leadership Experience: Evidence of exemplary leadership skills, experience supervising people in some capacity, and ability to successfully operate/lead in a matrix environment is required
- Industry Knowledge: A minimum of 3 years experience working closely with implementations and configurations of cloud based technology solutions, work in education is a plus
- Business Acumen: Proficient at uncovering key business issues and providing insightful, actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Project Management: Significant project management experience required, formal training in project management is a plus; ability to develop/execute long term strategic account plans
- Change Management: Evidence of successful past experience helping others manage change in their organizations; a strong aptitude for problem-solving, negotiation, and mediation skills
- Operational Ability: Able to develop and manage budgets and expectations, IT service execution, and operational best practices; experience with CRM and software/project development management software, experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to travel periodically (domestic) in support of client engagements when COVID crisis is over
- Strong communication skills and ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment
- The ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- A strong technical aptitude and customer empathy
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from senior management (except in complex and non-routine situations)
- Ability to anticipate challenging situations and proactively plan appropriate actions
- Learning-Oriented: willingly accepts assignments that broaden capabilities, learns from experiences, and demonstrates a personal commitment to continuous learning
- Flexible: is flexible in dealing with change, responds promptly and calmly to changes.
- Dedicated to Continuous Improvement: Follows up on new ideas, develops and implements plans for improvement.
- Creative & Innovative: finds new ways to improve processes, generates new ideas to meet business needs, and extends thinking beyond conventional limits
- Prepared & Organized: balances planning with the need for action.
- Solution-Focused & Analytical: actively seeks solutions to problems without being asked. & Team-Oriented: develops and maintains effective relationships with colleagues.
- Resilient: accepts and learns from failure, stays constructive when criticized.
Transeo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for considering an application for employment with the Transeo team! As an equal opportunity employer, Transeo values diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.