Transeo (we provide software solutions to schools and school districts nationwide) is growing and seeking to hire our first Sales Engineer. Reporting to our Vice President of Sales and Marketing, as the first member of our team devoted exclusively to technical sales processes, we expect that you know best practices and will develop and evolve a world class sales organization.
Our Sales Engineer will partner with the Sales Team to win deals and acquire new customers.
You will provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and client technical evaluations to predict and proactively plan integration and implementation challenges. Our Sales Engineer will also have a voice with the product team to help prioritize features based on input from customers, competitors, and partners.
What You'll Do
- Become an expert with Transeo’s product suite at a precise technical level (Our expectation for onboarding is to work on implementation project management and with our support team to understand our users & how our software solutions are utilized in order to best learn functionality and impact as you assume all Sales Engineer responsibilities.)
- Confidently collaborate with our sales team to deliver effective presentations and demonstrations tailored to a solution based selling strategy, educating customers on the technical aspects of our solutions, integrations, and best practices
- Conduct needs assessments and present solutions to the sales team, customers and prospects regarding integrations and implementations
- Deliver product and technical briefings / presentations to potential clients
- Contribute and collaborate on RFIs and RFPs with technical input
- Lead discussions related to technical requirements, potential use cases, and success criteria
- Accurately investigate and communicate technical implementation and integration project requirements with the customer, our sales team and support team
- Support and assist customers with hands-on end-to-end troubleshooting when escalated issues arise
- Capture and provide valuable customer feedback for product improvements
- Participate in internal technical testing of new products to assist the Product team with feedback about performance
Transeo is a different kind of company. We place a premium on social impact, having fun, working hard, and thinking deeply but practically. Transeo was created for educators by educators. We have forged both a corporate team and collaborative partnerships that represent some of the highest caliber talent and thinking in the field of K-12 education. In addition to diverse, high-energy, and smart professionals, we have a strong national network of leading educational organizations.
We build and deploy software with a suite of tools that helps schools, districts, regional entities, and states transform the way they support students in their college, career, and life readiness journey. Transeo currently features 4 products (Serve, Jobs, Journey, College) with more on the way, all fully integrated and built using the most relevant and up to date tech stack. The suite is highly configurable to suit the needs of every organization and impacts students in highly meaningful ways.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a SaaS Sales Engineering role with a strong preference for experience in Education Technology Applications.
- Strong working experience with SaaS, web-based, and enterprise application architectures
- Knowledge of web service technologies SFTP, SDKs, and API usage and integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Experience with technical selling to the education ecosystem
- Self-starter with a strategic mindset
- Willing to share best practices and learn new skills and approaches from colleagues
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team-focused culture
- Remains highly organized and adaptable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Logical and creative in problem-solving
- Decisive mindset with an ability to thoroughly analyze a customer's portfolio and business use case and decide if they will be successful with our product, and a right fit for our partnership
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent project management skills – demonstrated planning, organization, and facilitation, paired with strong attention to detail and schedule awareness; skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Strong communicator, in written, oral, and in-person formats, with the ability to share and communicate ideas to people at various levels within customer organizations in a clear and concise manner
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Ability to manage and influence others (both within and outside your own direct work-group)
- Ability to summarize complex issues simply and effectively
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $80,000, commensurate with experience. We also provide the following benefits to all employees:
- All required hardware and software (PC/Laptop, Software, Tools & Platforms)
- Generous health plans with substantial portions covered by Transeo including:
- Potential for a stock compensation plan