Transeo (we provide software solutions to schools and school districts nationwide) is adding a Manager of Business Development to our growing team in Kansas City.
This role focuses on leading a small and growing team of Sales Development Representatives working with Marketing support to provide SQL's to our field account executives.
If you lead by example, are passionate about Education Technology, are more passionate about coaching and evolving a team of outbound SDR’s and are energized by working in a start-up culture and fast-growth environment, we need to talk ASAP.
- Own the Sales Development ecosystem at Transeo. Working closely with Marketing, you will craft and evolve the strategy, tactics, and execution of a process-driven approach to outbound sales development.
- Launch a sales development enablement platform (such as Outreach or Salesloft)
- Write email and call frameworks/scripts for cadences based on marketing collateral to accelerate SDR lead generation.
- Lead by example in exceeding quota for activity, meetings set, and meetings held with qualified influencers and decision-makers within school districts across the United States.
- Coach, Lead, Develop, and Manage a small and growing team of SDR’s in support of the overall sales strategy and effort at Transeo working closely with the Account Executives to ensure our holistic success.
- Evolve the Sales Development/Demand Generation Processes to support scalable growth of revenue opportunities.
- Work strategically with Executive Leadership and Account Executives to determine optimized territory/account coverage models
- Lead onboarding and training of new hires and current employees
- Build a winning team - hold yourself and your team accountable to obtain their monthly targets & KPIs
- Strategize with other leaders regarding the best practices for generating additional revenue and producing high-quality quota carriers
- Drive sales opportunities and increase revenue for the company by developing, evolving, and advancing legitimate sales pipelines.
- Develop high-quality Sales Development Representatives who are ready to advance into Account Executive, Inside Sales or Customer Success Management roles.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- 2+ years of experience leading Sales Development/Demand Generation teams PREFERABLY in B2B Education Technology or multi-product SaaS businesses.
- 2+ years of experience in a quota-carrying Sales Development role
- Experienced with a strong belief in a Solutions Based Sales Approach (Challenger, Spin, Sandler)
- Passionate about training, coaching, recruiting, and developing talent
- Track record of success managing high-performing sales teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills - you are a great writer, speaker, and listener. You can communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience at a startup or early-stage company preferred
- Experience in Education Technology or working in the education ecosystem preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- First Year OTE of $120k plus with 60/40 split of base/variable
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- No Limit PTO
Transeo is a different kind of company. We place a premium on social impact, having fun, working hard, and thinking deeply but practically. Transeo was created for educators by educators. We have forged both a corporate team and collaborative partnerships that represent some of the highest caliber talent and thinking in the field of K-12 education. In addition to diverse, high-energy, and smart professionals, we have a strong national network of leading educational organizations.
We build and deploy software with a suite of tools that helps schools, districts, regional entities, and states transform the way they support students in their college, career, and life readiness journey. Transeo currently features 4 products (Serve, Jobs, Journey, College) with more on the way, all fully integrated and built using the most relevant and up to date tech stack. The suite is highly configurable to suit the needs of every organization and impacts students in highly meaningful ways.